Sally A Jul 22, 2020 11:39 am Reply
Organiser

Hey Sally, thanks for your insights into the world of #’s. I know that you’ve recently mentioned in one of your sessions about using the right number of #’s matters or they lose their purpose. Is this number 5? And should we aim to do 5 relevant ones every time and keep them the same if we are wanting to infiltrate that topic of discussion on the platform? 

Bec Jul 23, 2020 07:01 am Reply
Organiser

I use based on the content that I post. I usually like to know which hashtag is trending and has more followers but not sure how to do it 🤔

Ima Jul 23, 2020 07:01 am Reply
Organiser

Another question, if I use more than 5 hashtags but they are all relevant to my content, would linkedin's algorithm degraded my post??

Ima Jul 23, 2020 08:34 am Reply
Organiser

Hey Bec! Great question. I always recommend to choose 5 hashtags and never used anymore than 5 per post. 3 is the sweet spot and the first 3 you mention, in chronological order, are the most important because they are used in the URL for the respective post. 

Sally A Jul 23, 2020 10:19 am Reply
Organiser

And yes Bec, the more frequently you use the same hashtags the more momentum you are likely to build within those conversations - does this answer your question?

Sally A Jul 23, 2020 10:19 am Reply
Organiser

Ima if you want to know which hashtags are popular - use the LinkedIn search feature to search hashtags and see how many people are following them and how frequently content is being published under those hashtags

Sally A Jul 23, 2020 10:20 am Reply
Organiser

Yeah Ima, using too many hashtags (particularly if there is contradiction amongst the hashtags) can confuse the algorithm 

Sally A Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am Reply
Organiser

Hey Sally! It does indeed, thank you. I hope you have an awesome day 🙌🏼

Bec Jul 23, 2020 10:26 am Reply
Organiser

Amazing!!! Hope your day is awesome too Bec :)

Sally A Jul 23, 2020 10:27 am Reply

Select part of the text to access the format toolbar.

Cancel

Select part of the text to access the format toolbar.

You may also like

Taikera

Follow Us On:

Receive Our News and Announcements

*Stay up to date with events, blogs and announcements.

Copyright ©2020 Taikera.